Coreboot Ported To A ~$30 AMD AM1 Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GI_Jack View Post
    I'm probably the only person who is wondering when people start taking EFI, and perhaps tianocore seriously.
    Tianocore recently added support in their tree for running as coreboot payload. So the UEFI interface can be modelled on top of coreboot (which covers hardware initialization).

Comment

This is just one person's experience, but IMHO it does not actually work. I spent five long days trying to get coreboot and Linux configured correctly for this AM1ML board, and while it now boots, functionality is only partial (no USB). There might well be a combination of coreboot and Linux options that works, but the tool set as a whole cannot very well be called "working" if there are no working examples included and no documentation that can reasonably lead someone to a working configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxNeutral View Post
        This is just one person's experience, but IMHO it does not actually work. I spent five long days trying to get coreboot and Linux configured correctly for this AM1ML board, and while it now boots, functionality is only partial (no USB). There might well be a combination of coreboot and Linux options that works, but the tool set as a whole cannot very well be called "working" if there are no working examples included and no documentation that can reasonably lead someone to a working configuration.
        Totally my bad. I was trying to compile Linux as well as coreboot, and there were too many parameters. But booting a distribution livecd though coreboot/seabios/isolinux actually works incl USB. I will start tuning Linux from the distribution kernel config as a starting point.

Comment

Working...
        X