Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA PC-1 PC2500E Experiences?

Greetings.

This is my first post, however, I assure you I searched through all of the top-level threads in this topic area before posting.

I was curious if people would like to share their experiences with the VIA PC-1 PC2500E board? I recently purchased one from ClubIT and after carefully hooking everything up and powering it on, the board never did POST and I had to send it back for an exchange. Has anyone had a similar experience or know someone who has?

Secondly, I did some searching with Google and did not really come up with any central site with a forum for problems or experiences with this board. Any information and insight people may have is greatly appreciated in advance. I'm really wanting to get Linux on this soon, but it looks like I will have to wait a bit longer. Thanks again.

D-PIG

My son in law has this board. Would not post without connecting 6?4? pin power to plug in center of board. Hope this helps.
    I am waiting for pc3500 broad.

Comment

Originally posted by datapig View Post
      Greetings.
      I was curious if people would like to share their experiences with the VIA PC-1 PC2500E board? I recently purchased one from ClubIT and after carefully hooking everything up and powering it on, the board never did POST and I had to send it back for an exchange. Has anyone had a similar experience or know someone who has?
      D-PIG
      Found this note on LinITX.com :
      Please Note: The PC2500E Mainboard has both a 20pin ATX power connector and also a 4pin 12V Power Connector. Power must be applied to both connectors for the board to work correctly.

Enjoy

Comment

My Epox nf2 board got some metal debris from my TT Matrix case and shorted out. So, I purchased the PC2500E for a replacement unix-based system.

(An aside: I went through the 80+ "green" power supply list--practically anything ATX and at and under 600W. Only a few of those power supplies actually sell in the U.S.; probably, a great many, if not most, simply have been discontinued (maybe many were developed to make certain mfrs. look good). A great many units are over 600W (too expensive, probably very large, and not really appropriate for this use)--many of the available and (perhaps) appropriate power supplies are from such "usual suspects" such as Enermax, Seasonic, PC Power & Cooling, and Tagan. I didn't like searching the list for vendor matches (that is, looking in vain for cheaper brands' units, brands that I like, on the list but too often missing from American online vendors), and, especially, many of the mfrs.' tactics. Some hardware vendors, fortunately, separate out green supplies....)

OK, forgive me for digressing. When I finally purhcased the Via product, I needed (finally) to upgrade my memory from DDR 333/400 to DDR2 533 or 667. So, I purchased a stick of OCZ DDR2 533 (OCZ25331024V) (OCZ Value) memory. It appears to be double-sided, but the OCZ configurator doesn't acknowledge the Via product (yet). In my experience with such recommendations, that doesn't necessarily disqualify the OCZ stick. Has anyone else gone this OCZ route, installing this on the Via product (and it's big brother, the PC3500E)? I'm going to install if I don't see a useful warning post tomorrow--I suppose I'll likely be the first to report about the combo....

Comment

Originally posted by gsnoorky View Post
          My Epox nf2 board got some metal debris from my TT Matrix case and shorted out. So, I purchased the PC2500E for a replacement unix-based system.

(An aside: I went through the 80+ "green" power supply list--practically anything ATX and at and under 600W. Only a few of those power supplies actually sell in the U.S.; probably, a great many, if not most, simply have been discontinued (maybe many were developed to make certain mfrs. look good). A great many units are over 600W (too expensive, probably very large, and not really appropriate for this use)--many of the available and (perhaps) appropriate power supplies are from such "usual suspects" such as Enermax, Seasonic, PC Power & Cooling, and Tagan. I didn't like searching the list for vendor matches (that is, looking in vain for cheaper brands' units, brands that I like, on the list but too often missing from American online vendors), and, especially, many of the mfrs.' tactics. Some hardware vendors, fortunately, separate out green supplies....)

OK, forgive me for digressing. When I finally purhcased the Via product, I needed (finally) to upgrade my memory from DDR 333/400 to DDR2 533 or 667. So, I purchased a stick of OCZ DDR2 533 (OCZ25331024V) (OCZ Value) memory. It appears to be double-sided, but the OCZ configurator doesn't acknowledge the Via product (yet). In my experience with such recommendations, that doesn't necessarily disqualify the OCZ stick. Has anyone else gone this OCZ route, installing this on the Via product (and it's big brother, the PC3500E)? I'm going to install if I don't see a useful warning post tomorrow--I suppose I'll likely be the first to report about the combo....

04/08/08 12:18 P.M. The stick appears to work fine--I'm using the PC2500E system to update this post! I may repurchase matching to total 2G....

Comment

Working...
          X