Gigabyte G242-P36: A Great Ampere Altra Max Platform For AI/GPU Computing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte G242-P36: A Great Ampere Altra Max Platform For AI/GPU Computing

Phoronix: Gigabyte G242-P36: A Great Ampere Altra Max Platform For AI/GPU Computing

The past two months I've been using the Gigabyte (Giga Computing) G242-P36 and it's been a refreshing delight for an ARM64 server platform running well with the mature Ampere Altra and Ampere Altra Max processors while boasting support for up to two GPUs and up to two DPUs or other PCIe adapters to make for a nice GPU/AI accelerated computing server.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Last I checked, Oracle had only adapted it's database to run in and on the Oracle OCI cloud with limitations. It could be some time before ARM or Ampere will have full functionality and equivalence to x86_64. Maybe it's changed since then?

Unsupported Products for Linux for ARM (aarch64) for Oracle Database 19c

Comment

Averaging 120 watts for a 128 core CPU isn't too shabby. Nice system. Thinking about non x86 servers just reminded me that I preordered that Milk-V Oasis RISC-V board. I had totally forgotten about it.

Comment

Working...
      X