Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• storma
    replied
    Remove the sata controller Port Multiplier (PMP) support from the kernel to fix this.

Leave a comment:

• hargut
    replied
    Originally posted by alazyworkaholic View Post
    I have an AMD SB700. Does this news matter to anyone besides coreboot users? When I ran Ubuntu 8.04 my computer had no problems. Now with 9.04 I get "softreset error"s while the computer boots, but they don't hurt except for a 10 second pause before things continue as normal.
    Will this documentation improve the way Linux works with my motherboard?
    The "softreset errors" are mostly caused by some ATA device and often just mean "right now the disk is not ready".
    After a few seconds or less than a second, when the drive is ready, the boot continues.
    Nothing to worry about.

Regards,
    Harald

Leave a comment:

• bugmenot
    replied
    This is AWESOME!

Best news for a long time. Thanks AMD!

Leave a comment:

• alazyworkaholic
    replied
    SB7xx problems

I have an AMD SB700. Does this news matter to anyone besides coreboot users? When I ran Ubuntu 8.04 my computer had no problems. Now with 9.04 I get "softreset error"s while the computer boots, but they don't hurt except for a 10 second pause before things continue as normal.
    Will this documentation improve the way Linux works with my motherboard?

Leave a comment:

• Adarion
    replied
    Ah, nice to read. Since I use a SB7xx. Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    No, pxelinux.0 is part of syslinux. Newer syslinux versions also have got gpxelinux.0 which is basically the pxe core of gpxe added in front of pxelinux.0 - that can help partly broken pxe loaders, as you only have to replace that file. With that i could boot from a skge card which is only supported in an old private branch of gpxe (which somebody merged into mainline for me for testing). Without that the loader was too broken to boot.

Leave a comment:

• Louise
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    At least you find bios editors for standard systems to add gpxe. Did that successfully on 2 Asrock SiS based socket A boards. The default PXE loader did not work at all for me, not even with gpxelinux.
    What is PXELinux? A BIOS replacement?

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    At least you find bios editors for standard systems to add gpxe. Did that successfully on 2 Asrock SiS based socket A boards. The default PXE loader did not work at all for me, not even with gpxelinux.

Leave a comment:

• Louise
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    I asked about overclocking in #coreboot IRC - they say it will be a part of coreboot at some point.
    Okay, pretty cool!

I was fairly sure that CoreBoot would never be main stream on desktop mainboards.

Just looked in my BIOS, and the only thing I need and can't live without is being able to set Cool'n'Quite to begin at 45 degress, so the CPU fan spins at the lowest below 45 degrees.

Besides PXE, all the other stuff in the BIOS: Don't need it.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    I asked about overclocking in #coreboot IRC - they say it will be a part of coreboot at some point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X