Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Letter Asks Intel To Open-Source The FSP, Google Engineer Details Interesting Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Letter Asks Intel To Open-Source The FSP, Google Engineer Details Interesting Plan

Phoronix: Open Letter Asks Intel To Open-Source The FSP, Google Engineer Details Interesting Plan

An open letter started by the Open-Source Firmware Foundation and seeking community support for this letter is calling on Intel to open-source their Firmware Support Package (FSP). The FSP binary blob has been a big limitation to the level of openness around firmware for Intel systems and has been a limiting factor in supporting the likes of Coreboot, LinuxBoot, and other technologies on Intel hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by tildearrow
    Nice, but I would also like to see the ME being opened.
    One thing at a time and baby steps. The best way to "kill" a petition like this is by simply asking too much and diluting the focus. I feel the open-source community makes this mistake often.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

One thing at a time and baby steps. The best way to "kill" a petition like this is by simply asking too much and diluting the focus. I feel the open-source community makes this mistake often.
      I was gonna say, ME + PSP please, and you're also totally right. That this is remotely likely at all is a big deal, and would be a big step
      Last edited by doomie; 03 June 2022, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

Disregard my comment.

Comment

This reminds me of something...
          Fuck you AMD your Microsoft friend!

Comment

Signed. This will be great if it happens. I have my doubts but we can only try. Besides, I think maybe anything's possible if Nvidia open-sourced part of their GPU drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by doomie View Post
              I was gonna say, ME + PSP please, and you're also totally right. That this is remotely likely at all is a big deal, and would be a big step
              An open source FSP would be great... and yet, year after year, that damn thing... https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...althy-attacks/

Comment

Working...
              X