ASUS PRIME B560M-A keyboard/mouse disconnect randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS PRIME B560M-A keyboard/mouse disconnect randomly

I have purchased an ASUS PRIME B560M-A motherboard and tried many different LINUX distro live DVDs and also installed a few different versions of Ubuntu. In all situations, after some time, randomly, the mouse and keyboard become unresponsive. When this happens, I have tried connecting another mouse and/or keyboard to a different USB port, but they are not detected either. I can tell that the computer is still running because I can "ping" it from a different computer and also, one time, it was just starting to upload and install 95 updates when this happened. I left it alone for a few hours (enough time for the updates to complete) and then shut it down by pressing and holding the power button, then restarted it. After the restart, all the updates had been completed. Is the board faulty, or is there a known "fix"?

I can ssh into the computer and run commands from terminal. Here is some output from dmesg which shows that the USB ports are disconnected, new ones connected till finally the last ones are disconnected and I can no longer do anything on the console on the main computer.

Comment

I have given up on that board; I am now using it strictly as a Windows 11 Computer. I switched all my hard drives between my former Windows computer and the one with which I was having LINUX problems and everything is now OK. The board which seems to be working OK for Ubuntu is an Intel Motherboard, Pro Series B560M PRO-VDH WiFi. I still suspect that there might be a hardware problem but that Windows is more tolerant of the USB disconnect/reconnect than LINUX

Comment

Working...
      X