More ASRock & ASUS Motherboards Will Have Working Sensors With Linux 5.16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More ASRock & ASUS Motherboards Will Have Working Sensors With Linux 5.16

Phoronix: More ASRock & ASUS Motherboards Will Have Working Sensors With Linux 5.16

The hardware monitoring "HWMON" subsystem updates have landed in the Linux 5.16 kernel and with this comes sensor support for some additional ASRock and ASUS motherboards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very Nice! (Borat Voice)

Comment

Great!
      But how was this possible, to support so many motherboards, did Asrock and Asus start to contribute themselves to the kernel ?

Comment

> ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING

Nice, finally. I was kinda disappointed by the last pull request a while ago, which didn't include lots of X570 mainboards.

Comment

Oh my ... I more or less lost hope for my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master to be supported well. At least I got some sensors working, but drivers for the ITE chips that provide sensors and maybe also RGB Leds are apparently not really robust as data sheets are missing.
          I'd really like to buy a well supported motherboard next time I upgrade my PC ... but if support only comes years after those products are introduced (or never), it's really hard to choose. Unfortunately none of the manufacturers really supports Linux (providing drivers for SuperIO-chips, fwupd support and ideally coreboot support).

Comment

OMG...finally !!
            Been waiting for this for quite a while to get the sensors on my ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA to work properly.
            It's about time we get better hardware support for various sensors in our equipment/components.

Comment

Did this come from manufacturer or normal people?

Comment

Meanwhile my ASUS PRIME B450M-A:

Driver `to-be-written':
                * ISA bus, address 0x290
                Chip `ITE IT8655E Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Note: there is no driver for ITE IT8655E Super IO Sensors yet.

Comment

Btw who in general is responsible for writing drivers for this sensors ..or "curating" them?

Producer, Customer and Producer (like Asus, Asrock etc), End User Hobbiest, Payed Dev by some foundation?
                  Last edited by CochainComplex; 03 November 2021, 07:19 AM.

Comment

so much for getting prime x399 drivers

Comment

Working...
                    X