• Show
Clear All

• puleglot
    replied
    No opensource Holocube driver? No buy!

Leave a comment:

• Alliancemd
    replied
    I think you guys are reading to much into it(the gaming market doesn't care much for Linux).

1. If you have support for the OS, why not mention it(It's a requirements list after all)? I think it's as simple as that. Or do you expect them to intentionally not mention what is obviously supported?
    2. It's "Linux, Windows 7 or Windows 10" in that order, because it is alphabetically ordered. It is true though that usually the marketing(and the order) is centered around the area where they have most users, so that's why usually Windows is mentioned first.

Leave a comment:

• srkelley5
    replied
    If at all possible, could the R9 270 be included in any multi Radeon GPU comparisons with Vega as well please? I know it's going to be crushed,I just want to keep by how much!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by jf33 View Post
    Are the tests also going to cover the Mesa+PRIME use case?
    Later on, probably. For Monday already busy enough as it is with other tests it's a battle to get done in time.

Leave a comment:

• jf33
    replied
    Are the tests also going to cover the Mesa+PRIME use case?

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rose
    replied
    I'm interested on how the 56 performs versus the 1070, both for Linux gaming and undervolted compute.

Leave a comment:

• RobinIT
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

Not only Linux first, but also seeing Windows 7 mentioned before Windows 10 got me smiling too.
    It seems that AMD has smart people in marketing too who understand what people use and want.
    Congratulations to AMD!
    Linux, Win 7, Win 10.
    Indeed, it could be ordered from good sentiment to necessity.

Leave a comment:

• L_A_G
    replied
    A bit of a shame that they delayed the Vega 56 launch to two weeks after the 64 launch, but at least that gives you more than enough time to make an educated decision as to if it's worth the money before you go out and buy one.

With the 64 its' review embargo ends on launch day and with the internet funny money, a.k.a "cryptocurrency", craze you almost have to buy one as soon as they become available or they're gone. Only real bright side is that AMD has at least gotten plenty of stock ready for launch day, Overclockers.co.uk claims to have gotten about 1000 cards, so they won't go literally in seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Shevchen
    replied
    Originally posted by tiwake View Post
    I hope to see FAHBench in the coming lineup of tests... with ROCm not requiring X, I might put one in the server I'll eventually get around to building, for science.
    A couple of co-workers already use them for scientific tasks and they are surprised how well it works (they just took one Vega FE and tested around and expected a lot of additional work, work-arounds and fiddling as well as "not everything works") and came back with an order to get more. I think thats all that needs to be said here.

(of course, everyone has his own workload, so I can't speak for every project out there - but I liked the reaction and want to share it - even if its not really representative)

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Though unlike the Polaris reference cards, the Radeon logo lights up when powered on.
    Try to turn it off to see if it reduces the TDP

Leave a comment:

Working...
X