GTX 1060 vs. RX 480 - The ~$200 GPU Decision For Linux Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dungeon View Post

No, i didn't claim bug free AMD blob driver anywhere as any software show issues here and there

That might be your experience, but it is not mine... for me it is not neither slow nor special buggy here, quite the opposite

And because of this claim, you tend to made up surreal conclusions about it
    And of course your talent for quoting out of context shines through once again.... You call it surreal, but you left out the text where I mentioned how long it's been this way. In actual fact the surreal part was the part you left out!!

Comment

• OK, i will quote that too if it makes you happy

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      As already proven 15 years after the fact it's still that way.
      It is a blob and choice, so take it or leave it ... but don't claim it is a crap just because it is a blob

Comment

• Because that *is* surreal

Comment

• Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          M should stop posting "news" against Amd for not to start wars. Or equally post negative facts against using nvidia in Linux.I am sure that M has noticed several problems when using nvidia cards, but is quiet because this forum is intel,nvidia and ubuntu sponsored marketing site.
          Why would he stop? This article alone has over 100 comments and who knows how many page refreshes and views; that's probably netting a good bit of ad revenue

Comment

• I think everyone would agree that AMD has always been good for business, in this or other way.

Comment

OK, i will quote that too if it makes you happy

It is a blob and choice, so take it or leave it ... but don't claim it is a crap just because it is a blob
              Maybe it isnt the reason it's crap, but regardless it -is- crap, and that it's proprietary is -the- reason it has remained crap for so many years.

Comment

• Nope, it isn't a crap just because it is distributed as a blob People developed either that or people developed opensource driver solution and only difference is distribution, so that is on what you complain.

Developers of course still working on proprietary driver as always had been, but they are not quilty because they are not allowed to distribute it as you wish. And of course distribution model does not make it crap automatically

Comment

Nope, it isn't a crap just because it is distributed as a blob People developed either that or people developed opensource driver solution and only difference is distribution, so that is on what you complain.

Developers of course still working on proprietary driver as always had been, but they are not quilty because they are not allowed to distribute it as you wish. And of course distribution model does not make it crap automatically
                  It's crap because it's buggy as shit and slow as dirt. And it's been that way for a very long time because it's proprietary. And those are the facts whether like them or not.

Comment

• EDIT: For those of you reading this thread and wondering wtf, This is a long and old argument between me and dungeon. I know I'm spot on the money, but he has strong convictions that won't sway. So we've had this same argument many times... I really do feel like a jack rabbit....

Comment

• Do not worry about people in this nvidia thread, most of those buy nVidia's cards to run blob anyway Few of those who buy it because of nouveau, again will dealt with reing from blob stories

Same like many reinged features from AMD blob, so now say one big "Thank You, Blobs" because without those opensource drivers would never be like this, no chance

Comment

Working...
                      X