Low-end power efficient PCIe video card for a server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low-end power efficient PCIe video card for a server

I tried googling for this and couldn't find any recent articles anywhere.

I need a video card for a server, I just need a console, just character based, no X11 or Wayland, nothing like that.
    I don't need CUDA or OpenCL. I need a card with a VGA port because the monitor in my computer "room" (think large, well ventilated cupboard) is an old 15" LCD which is VGA only.

So even though I can buy a cheap nvidia card for GB£30 or US$40, they seem to suck 19 watts or so, have a GB of RAM and it would be overkill!

thanks for any recommendations.

thanks for those ideas. there are passively cooled versions of the R5-230 for a reasonable price.

the good news is that my Lenovo TS140, which had a Xeon E5-1225-v3 (with integrated GPU) was happy to be upgraded to a Xeon E5-1241-v3 (without GPU), I borrowed a GT210 card with a noisy fan to test this out.

Without the integrated GPU I lose some of the Intel AMT functions but I never got them to work much when using a Linux laptop to try and access the IP KVM, so I don't care.

Comment

PCI to PCIe adapter and some ancient PCI gfx card. My ATI Rage3D draws only handful of watts..

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
        PCI to PCIe adapter and some ancient PCI gfx card. My ATI Rage3D draws only handful of watts..
        interesting idea, thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X