NVIDIA Is Making A Big Announcement Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

Did you read the "BETA" in the title, right?
    Yes, but debianxfce was suggesting to use AMDGPU-Pro instead of Mesa because it's faster. I wouldn't sacrifice all that for a bit more speed.
    Tbh, that's all the support AMD's new driver can provide for now: a beta driver for a linux version released two years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Yes, but debianxfce was suggesting to use AMDGPU-Pro instead of Mesa because it's faster. I wouldn't sacrifice all that for a bit more speed.
      Did you read the parts where people said "13 fps with a 390" and "20fps with a 390x" right?

Nah, better stay "safe" and not play at all, or just play in windows (best choice imho anyway). Much better.

Tbh, that's all the support AMD's new driver can provide for now: a beta driver for a linux version released two years ago...
      Quit this game and just come out of the closet to say what you wanted to say:

"NVIDIA master race! NVIDIA master race! NVIDIA master race! NVIDIA master race!"

Comment

Did you read the parts where people said "13 fps with a 390" and "20fps with a 390x" right?

Nah, better stay "safe" and not play at all, or just play in windows (best choice imho anyway). Much better.

Quit this game and just come out of the closet to say what you wanted to say:

"NVIDIA master race! NVIDIA master race! NVIDIA master race! NVIDIA master race!"
        Well, with Nvidia you don't have to pick between 20fps from a high-end card and a beta driver with crippling limitations.

Comment

Well, with Nvidia you don't have to pick between 20fps from a high-end card and a beta driver with crippling limitations.
          I'm just pointing out that your posts ooze self-satsifaction, and it's annoying, not that what you say isn't true. That AMD drivers are crap on linux isn't news since the dawn of time.

Please note, I game on a GTX 580. On Windows.

Comment

I'm just pointing out that your posts ooze self-satsifaction, and it's annoying, not that what you say isn't true. That AMD drivers are crap on linux isn't news since the dawn of time.

Please note, I game on a GTX 580. On Windows.
            What can I do? Buying a video card, knowing you can slap in some readily available drivers and get top-notch performance is... satisfying.
            I'm not going to wage the open-source vs closed-source war over a video card. I'm a developer had the best time while doing open source work, but a GPU just isn't worth it.

Comment

That AMD drivers are crap on linux isn't news since the dawn of time.
              Oh please, the only thing good about AMD is the price of their hardware and if you're really worried about having to save the $20-$50 you probably shouldn't be buying hardware at all.

Comment

What can I do? Buying a video card, knowing you can slap in some readily available drivers and get top-notch performance is... satisfying.
                I understand the feeling. I do this all day on Windows, but I don't usually show off to the guy I'm building the PC for. I feel it is.. childish.

Really what have you (we) done? You shelled out $$$ for a product, and followed fool-proof installation procedures. Anyone can do that.

For Linux it's even more straightforward, you don't even need to think about brands.

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                Oh please, the only thing good about AMD is the price of their hardware and if you're really worried about having to save the $20-$50 you probably shouldn't be buying hardware at all.
                We are talking about GPUs here. AMD GPUs per-se are good (on windows they do trade blows with NVIDIA, especially on some early DX12 titles/benchmarks), it's only the linux drivers that suck.

The rest of AMD hardware is pretty obsolete or nerfed by idiotic OEMs (laptop side mostly, with Carrizo they have gone full retard mode).

Comment

Working...
                X