Radeon R9 Fury In Stock & Ordered, Linux Tests Are Imminent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Please posts news, don't post not-news. Post when you got something to show, don't post that you ordered it. Nobody cares.
    Articles which show something are marked as 'Featured Articles'... i guess you can read only that

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      I have a GTX 980... I guess you missed those reviews: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ch&q=GTX%20980 And obviously will be used as part of the forthcoming tests. Unlike AMD, I get samples on basically every NVIDIA GPU.
      I guess I did. Good thing.

It's a shame AMD can't send you samples. They probably have less cards to actually send.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post

It's a shame AMD can't send you samples. They probably have less cards to actually send.
        Back in HD 2000 through HD 5000 days, I was sent just about every graphics card there was :/ Aside from the R7 370 and R7 260X, every other GCN card on Phoronix is one I bought retail.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

No AMD simply is aware that they don't have anything that is competitive on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Back in HD 2000 through HD 5000 days, I was sent just about every graphics card there was :/ Aside from the R7 370 and R7 260X, every other GCN card on Phoronix is one I bought retail.
            AMD probably sold more cards back then, and could afford sending samples to more people. I mean, if you had a hard time even finding a Fury to buy, why would there be plenty of samples to send?

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
              No AMD simply is aware that they don't have anything that is competitive on Linux.
              AMD even tweeted Michael's last benchmarks, so they are obviously not ashamed of them.

https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/623284537334706176 (Will this link put me on the moderator list?)

Comment

Maybe they stop sending them, when they start with APUs business... with number of APU models to me that sounds a way too much hardware to send to everybody, all APUs and all cards - it is to much... Micheal will probably need new house if they send him every APU

Even today AMD launch A8-7670K APU, so probably everybody asks "OK, where is my review sample"

Last edited by dungeon; 21 July 2015, 02:40 PM.

Comment

AMD even tweeted Michael's last benchmarks, so they are obviously not ashamed of them.

https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/623284537334706176 (Will this link put me on the moderator list?)

Yeah he tweetet a meaningless LuxMark Benchmark, because that's what consumers care about. Screw those games who plays them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                    Yeah he tweetet a meaningless LuxMark Benchmark, because that's what consumers care about. Screw those games who plays them anyway.
                    Yeah, sorry, I forgot that bashing AMD is what we do here in the forums, my bad! Even though any rational person can see that the reason Michael didn't get a sample is because of low availability, and Phoronix is a low-priority site (no offence, Michael). Not because AMD are nefariously hiding something.

Comment

... and Phoronix is a low-priority site (no offence, Michael). Not because AMD are nefariously hiding something.
                      I hope that changes soon...

Michael, you should try speak with people behind AnandTech, they do some CPU tests on Linux but is without Phoronix Test Suite, if you manage them to use PTS would be awesome to raise the awareness of Phoronix

Comment

Working...
                      X