Rv770xt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rv770xt

Who is waiting for these bad boys? You think they will manage to destroy nvidia's competing cards, or fall short? Also, doesn't anyone else think that 512bit + GDDR5 is a bit too much? Last I heard it was going to be 256bit, but a few of the more recent reports suggest 512bit.

Comment

I'm definitely waiting for some results on the 4800's. After the 2900xt and 3870 I think ATI/AMD got their proportions straight and the outlook is extremely good on this new series. I'm being cautious by predicting that the 4850 should yield +/- 15% more performance than an 8800GT. Although I hope I'm off and it happens to be better than that. If the 4870 compares to an 8800GTX or better, I'll go that way for the novelty. If not a 4850 would be more than I *need*.

Although what I'm more curious about is the fusion core. I wonder how it will do or if it will work on AM2+. I want to replace my special olympics 9500 phenom.

I also wonder if Bridgman will let us know when these cards will be supported. In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if there's already support for them in the May release of the proprietary driver.

Comment

HD3K support came rather fast compared to previous generations, so I hope HD4K support won't be any different.

Comment

Working...
        X