Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    A couple of questions...

1. When you boot using the analog connection, does the monitor indicate what frequency and resolution you are running at ? Some do, some don't...

Now that I know a bit more about things, I suspect that it doesn't and that this is the root of the problem. I'm not sure how I can tell if it reports them and if so what it reports, however. I'm happy to check if you tell me how I can do so.

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    A couple of questions...
    2. Can you describe the connectors on the card and how your analog adapter fits into the picture ? Do you have two DVI connectors plus a 7-pin TV, or something else ?
    I have a Radeon 2600HD Pro which has two female DVI-I Dual Link outputs with integrated HDMI and a little round female 7-pin socket in between which I assume to be S-Video unless there's anything else that looks the same.

The monitor has two female inputs - a DVI-D dual link socket and an old blue VGA lozenge thing (15 pins, I think, isn't it?).

The computer is currently connected via a DVI-D dual link cable from one DVI-I output to the monitor and also from the other DVI-I output to the analog input via an analog cable that has a DVI-I to Analog dongle sitting between it and the graphics card.

I have set both outputs to "Clone" mode, using the Catalyst Control Centre so the same output is set to both and I can switch between them using the control on the monitor to pick between digital and analog. (And I can see the difference, too! )

The analog input mode works from boot with this setup. The digital input only works after the computer is booted. I'm therefore booting with the monitor set to analog and swapping over afterwards.

The biggest oddity is that what the Catalyst Control Centre tells me is Display 1, is actually Display 2 and vice versa. The control centre shows two displays: one analog and one digital. (Obviously they're the same monitor but the computer doesn't know that). HOWEVER, when I hit "identify displays" to put the numbers up on the screen, the number corresponding to the digital display shows up on the monitor when I have it set to analog input and the analog input number shows up when I have it set to digital.

I hope that's clear. Display 2 == Analog according to the control centre, Display 1 == Digital. But the "identify displays" function shows 1 on analog input and 2 on digital, on the monitor when I switch types.

As I say, the setup is now working, but there are mysteries unexplained.

-H.

Comment

Working...
    X