ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600

I'm interested in a ATI Mobility Radeon? HD 2600 based notebook. Are there already Linux drivers released by AMD?

No, there are no Linux drivers for the HD 2000 series yet but they will be available with the new driver in the near future.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      No, there are no Linux drivers for the HD 2000 series yet but they will be available with the new driver in the near future.
      Can't believe they release a product without a driver. They don't even have a SDK for Linux.

Comment

I am already owning laptop with HD card. How shock i was when i found out there is not driver for it. Oh well i am counting that the NEW codebase driver will support AIXGL along with HD series. After reading most of the posts and michael replays to pll here on forum i assume that this should be quite nice turn back in ATI history. I am counting on that .. that is why I've invested in HD serie card in my laptop. However if till the end of year ATI is not introducing AIXGL with HD support i am going to swith my hardwere forever and never turn back for ATI card. I just have given them last chance. Better not waist them ATI guys

Am i right Michael ? will my patience be rewarded ?
        Last edited by macmus; 18 August 2007, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Patience is always rewarded
          Michael Larabel

Comment

hope this statment will be true also this time

Comment

I have the feeling AMD will release proper Linux OpenGL drivers only for their new FireGL producs.

Comment

Originally posted by ageha View Post
                I have the feeling AMD will release proper Linux OpenGL drivers only for their new FireGL producs.
                No, that's completely not true.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  No, that's completely not true.
                  And, what you say is completely correct. The reason that we originally could use the FireGL drivers for Linux was that they use basically the same chips and are intrinsically the same driver with an extra feature that accelerates immediate mode OpenGL even further than the stock OpenGL driver layer would provide.
                  Last edited by Svartalf; 19 August 2007, 12:12 AM.

Comment

the main question is:

"Will we get AIXGL support or not" if not i'm ready to get rid of my nootebook for e-bay auction

Comment

Working...
                    X