Question regarding GeForce 9600GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding GeForce 9600GT

So the problem I am having at the moment is that I get some fps lagg while playing up 720p movies
    and some stronger fps lagg in graphics intense parts of games (WoW actually).

The graphics card im currently using is a GeForce 8600GT which I bought a while ago and I feel that I need a new one!

My budget is tight, ~100$ and the best I can find with my limeted knowledge is the GeForce 9800GT 1gb.

Would this fix the problems I am having and is there any better graphics cards out there for around the same price which are better?

Thanks in advance for help on this matter!

Edit: I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 3
    and got this result when trying the Sanctuary Demo;

Last edited by Luoma; 10 November 2009, 04:23 PM.

I would suggest you buying ATI Radeon 4770 as it will beat hell out of Geforce 9600 GT even 9800 and it has modern GPU architecture. It is also more energy efficient will beat technically nvidia geforce 9XXX in almost every aspect. You can get it for around 100$ nowadays and I think it's best value for money atm.
    Last edited by Riotta; 11 November 2009, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Riotta View Post
      I would suggest you buying ATI Radeon 4770 as it will beat hell out of Geforce 9600 GT even 9800 and it has modern GPU architecture. It is also more energy efficient will beat technically nvidia geforce 9XXXX in almost every aspect. You can get it for around 100$ nowadays and I think it's best value for money atm.
      Sorry that was ment to be the "GeForce 9800GT" that I am buying, but your answer covered that one aswell.

Additionally I found this 4770 at the same shop for the exact same price,
      although this is 512mb while the 9800GT is 1gb, I feel like such a
      beginner but maby this doesn't make THAT big a difference and the 4770 is still better?

EDIT: Edited my first post >.^

EDIT2: I might be able to push my budget to a "Sapphire HD5750 1GB" which this site recommends as being better if this card
      is a lot better then the 9800GT and ATI 4770, would that be worth it?
      Last edited by Luoma; 10 November 2009, 04:25 PM.

Comment

the HD5750 packs quite a punch for comparably little power consumption. Probably way overkill for WoW, but if your 8600 doesn't cut it, why not?
        The 4770 is comparable though, a bit cheaper, but doesn't support DX11. Plenty for WoW anyway.

Comment

After some thought I'm pretty sure I'll get a "XFX RADEON HD4770 512MB" since
          I would have to wait for about 2 months for the other better, yet bit more
          expensive card which I cant be bothered to do!

I hope this will let my 720p movies flow
          smoothly and my games to run without any problem.

Thanks for the helpful answers! ^^
          Last edited by Luoma; 10 November 2009, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luoma View Post
            Additionally I found this 4770 at the same shop for the exact same price,
            although this is 512mb while the 9800GT is 1gb, I feel like such a
            beginner but maby this doesn't make THAT big a difference and the 4770 is still better?
            Yes it will be still better, memory on graphic card matters if you want to play games in "super high" resolutions. I think you picked a good card it should serve you well .

Comment

Working...
            X