Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone compare a 7900 XT/XTX vs 4070 Ti or 4080?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone compare a 7900 XT/XTX vs 4070 Ti or 4080?

I just thought I'd start a new thread - mostly because I couldn't find much discussion - sorry.

I was wondering if anyone had one of these cards and switched - amd to nvidia or vice versa - and what you found?
    I guess I don't care so much about the distro - it's mostly experience with these specific cards - I don't care so much about other ones - and how you would compare.
    Gaming comparisons - are welcome but I am mostly interested in if you used it for productivity - video editing or blender - although, I suspect/predict I won't receive too many replies - usually ppl just go with just one of them - right? If everything works well enough - it's rare to switch.

If that's the case - please post your experience with one of these cards. I'm waiting for the Nvidia gpu refresh - 4070 Super, 4070 Ti Super and 4080 Super - and see what prices are - although, in my countries - I think these cards (with the possible exception of the 4070 Super) will be too expensive - hopefully, the 7900 series reduces in price to compete.

I'm curious about the current situation in Linux - and with the eventual release of the 6.8 kernel - it will be interesting to see what progress/changes the AMD RDNA 3 cards have - right?

Just a follow-up - in case, anyone cares (later?):
    With Nvidia cards - 4070 Super/4070 Ti/4070 Ti Super/4080 Super - I am curious how the experience is - with gaming / productivity - using CUDA & in particular - Wayland - which is the main concern or topic - how is it using Wayland in distros that lean towards Wayland...

With AMD - 7900 XT & 7900 XTX - I think gaming is good enough or so I've heard/read - although, you don't get A) hdmi 2.1 ; B) support for custom fan profiles / voltage regulation/undervolting is a WIP?

The productivity/configuration of using ROCm/OpenCL / OpenGL - HIP/HIP-RT - I think using all this - I would be interested in anyone using any of that (software/features) - as I think it's either problematic in Linux - or really inadequately supported?

Comment

Very sad no one has answered. :-(

No one here has even one of these cards? 4080 or a 7900 XT /XTX?

Comment

Working...
      X