No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Talks Up GeForce RTX 2080 Series Performance, But No Linux Mentions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They basically give AMD time to catch up.
    My hopes are on Navi

Comment

Most pro users don't need to be told that it works perfectly on linux. VFX workstations, deep learning clusters, render farms, they're all on linux and it's assumed that improving linux benchmarks is equally important to Windows benchmarks for Nvidia.
      Last edited by miabrahams; 22 August 2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Well, from the list Wolfenstein 2 is already a Vulkan game, so we should expect the same performance boost on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFKerr
          ARK: Survival Evolved have a native GNU/Linux version:   
          https://store.steampowered.com/app
          ARK on Linux/Mac is broke. It's just filled with rendering bugs.

The windows version w/DXVK actually runs much better on Linux then the Linux native version.

Comment

Fuck you nvidia for skipping GTX 11XX - 19XX

Fuck you nvidia for naming it RTX when AMD uses RX. The fucking G stood for GeForce, what the fuck does RTX stand for and why did they have to select a naming convention that overlaps AMDs existing convention.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?????

Also, Fuck you nvidia for your closed source driver on Linux.

Fuck you nvida for being deceptive about you GTX 970 500mb of GDDR being addon memory with shut mhz speed so bad it sparked a huge lawsuit.

Oh and finally, Fuck you nvidia for your EULA excluding VMs.

Did I miss anything? Oh and Fuck your RTX 2080s and shiesty business practices trying to lock game devs into your shitty products.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              They should name it "GPU 2018 Home Edition" instead of RTX 2060. "GPU 2018 Professional Edition" instead of RTX 2070. And "GPU 2018 Ultimate Edition" instead of RTX 2080.
              Let's also add "Crappy OEM GPU 2018 Edition" for the RTX 2050/40, and the "I am barely more than a display controller GPU but I still beat the best Intel's graphics 2018 edition" for the RTX 2030/10.

Yes I know that these aren't actual products at the moment, but that's the general naming scheme they use for such cards.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
                Nobody has the cards yet.
                Nobody has drivers either.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
                  Did I miss anything?
                  Not releasing signed firmware to nouveau devs. That's the biggest one. It's their choice whether they want to use a closed or open source driver. After they killed off their crappy nv driver, they pledged to neither help nor hinder nouveau. Not releasing firmware = hindering.

Comment

Unreal engine 4 Infiltrator demo is Linux 'native' should work when Nvidia releases Vulkan ray tracing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfxvRjIIMJ4

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Not releasing signed firmware to nouveau devs. That's the biggest one. It's their choice whether they want to use a closed or open source driver. After they killed off their crappy nv driver, they pledged to neither help nor hinder nouveau. Not releasing firmware = hindering.
                      He also missed gpp

Comment

Working...
                      X