• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignatiamus View Post
    Michael

Very interesting head-to-head benchmark.
    Though I always wonder whether you find the time for yourself to enjoy those games as well

Cheers
    I haven't 'played' any games regularly now in like a decade.

Leave a comment:

• Ignatiamus
    replied
    Michael

Very interesting head-to-head benchmark.
    Though I always wonder whether you find the time for yourself to enjoy those games as well

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• pinguinpc
    replied
    Michael

Good test for cpu

Both cards run similar

Only bad thing in RX580 is consume so much (185w) compared GTX 1060 (120w)

Leave a comment:

• dimko
    replied
    It seems, that some feature in 'extreme' settings is causing major speed drop on AMD. I am guessing if we switch offending feature off, if two will be on pair in 'Extreme' mode? Would be interesting to know what that feature is.

Disclaimer: Nvidia owner.

Leave a comment:

• A Closer Look At The GeForce GTX 1060 vs. Radeon RX 580 In Thrones of Britannia

Phoronix: A Closer Look At The GeForce GTX 1060 vs. Radeon RX 580 In Thrones of Britannia

As it stands right now the most competitive graphics card battle on the Linux gaming front is the Radeon RX 580 against the GeForce GTX 1060. NVIDIA continues with their first-rate performant drivers while the Polaris hardware on the open-source RADV/RadeonSI drivers is mature enough now that it's competing with the GTX 1060 like it should be and in some cases even performing much better than the NVIDIA Pascal part. With this week's release of Thrones of Britannia and powered by Vulkan, here is an extensive look at the two competing GPUs and their performance...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X