Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 vs. Ubuntu Linux With Radeon / GeForce GPUs On The Latest 2018 Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templar82
    replied
    I have been saying for years that Linux has the possibility to perform much better than windows in games, if people only tried.
    Glad to see it starting to take shape.

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
    this just proves it, when the game is native on both platforms linux is (a lot) faster, gaming on linux isnt as fast as windows just because ports lose performance
    Just because ports suck, is more proper.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

If only the author of PTS could write an if statement to handle this edge case :P
    What are the best n colors you could pick? The ones which maximise the lowest value for the CIE DE2000 between each other: http://colormine.org/delta-e-calculator/cie2000
    So if you really don't want to put some if/else statements in your code, at least make sure that the CIE DE2000 is high enough to be able to easily distinguish them.

Leave a comment:

• jojo7887
    replied
    When I saw Bioshock in the list I was kinda like "this game shouldn't be in the benchmark list as it's not native", but I quickly retracted that thought with the 4k Results. The results speak volumes, gaming performance in Linux is very close to Windows when using a native binary. Can't wait for part 2 of these benchmarks.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    and the respective graphics cards attached to a 4K ACer display.

Leave a comment:

• Jahimself
    replied
    I did not expect at the beginning of 2018 that linux would come so close from Windows in gaming. Every 6 months it's always more surprising. All these good results in those bench offered by a talented and very hard working journalist is also quite a compliment to all the talented people involved on this minority gaming platform! 2017 was excellent, 2018 is already very good. Looking forward to the rest.

Leave a comment:

• perpetually high
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

It's all auto-generated by PTS... I didn't pick any colors.
    If only the author of PTS could write an if statement to handle this edge case :P

Leave a comment:

• davidbepo
    replied
    this just proves it, when the game is native on both platforms linux is (a lot) faster, gaming on linux isnt as fast as windows just because ports lose performance

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
    It pains me to see you used purple for Windows and blue for Ubuntu but I will look past this, Michael.
    It's all auto-generated by PTS... I didn't pick any colors.

Leave a comment:

• sarmad
    replied
    So in general games that are built natively for Linux tend to run better than on Windows.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X