Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gsedej
    replied
    Does it need nonfree firmware, mening you need wired network to download fw...?

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    80211n is now ancient.

80211ad is about to be pushed out and yet we still can't find any 80211ac usb wifi dongles that work OOTB in Linux. What a freaking joke the Linux WiFi driver stack is.

Leave a comment:

• stiiixy
    replied
    Always good to see hardware achnolwedgement.

M1kko, I believe some laptops actually hook in to metallic parts of the chassis in order to improve their reception. I noticed on my own laptop that the wiring is also quite long. As you note, and whatever tech is used, reception does seem to work quite well in lappies.

Leave a comment:

• M1kkko
    replied
    Really, the range of a relatively large external wifi antenna is comparable to the internal wifi cards found in ultrabooks? Is that a good thing?

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    Good to know something like this exists now. Years ago, I was looking for a dual band PCI Express card and couldn't understand why there were none to be found anywhere. I eventually realised that routers, at least at the time, must have had two adapters.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Panda PAU09 N600 USB WiFi Works Fine With Linux

Panda PAU09 N600 USB WiFi Works Fine With Linux

Phoronix: Panda PAU09 N600 USB WiFi Works Fine With Linux

If you are in the market for a dual-band USB WiFi adapter, the Panda PAU09 N600 WiFi adapter works well on modern Linux distributions and will cost you just about $20 USD.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X