Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilverStone Redline RL06: An Interesting Budget ATX Case

Phoronix: SilverStone Redline RL06: An Interesting Budget ATX Case

It's been over two years since last testing out any ATX desktop/tower cases due to using rackmount cases for nearly all of the test systems these days, but for a new Linux VR testing area (will be covered in a separate article this weekend), I went with a conventional ATX PC chassis. The case I went with was the SilverStone Redline RL06 and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of their new budget cases.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The Asus Prime x370-PRO has a usb 3.1 gen 2 type c front header, usb 3.1 front header and usb 2.0 front header if I'm not mistaken. Any interesting pc case with usb 3.1 and usb 3.1 gen 2 type c front panel? I'm searching but there is little right now, and expensive.
    Last edited by Khudsa; 10 March 2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

70USD isn't exactly my idea of a 'budget' chassis, and Silverstone is definitely not a brand that comes to mind when 'budget' is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        80 usd case in not budget case. It is also ugly white and what ugly front panel. Inter-Tech K-11 Midi Tower 500 Watt schwarz is much better choice and costs under 36 euros.
        http://www.mindfactory.de/product_in...z_1031793.html
        ... however, Michael lives in the USA AFAIK. Any idea how much that thing will costs once you add shipping costs? I know shipping costs are pretty high *sometimes* when ordering something from the USA, so I imagine it's the same the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
          70USD isn't exactly my idea of a 'budget' chassis, and Silverstone is definitely not a brand that comes to mind when 'budget' is concerned.
          This. A budget case is about $1.5. Definitely not 70.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
            ... however, Michael lives in the USA AFAIK. Any idea how much that thing will costs once you add shipping costs? I know shipping costs are pretty high *sometimes* when ordering something from the USA, so I imagine it's the same the other way around.
            It's not sold in the USA, and it's really not worth buying a budget case from overseas anyway. USA will be crawling with their own cheap case brands already.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
              This. A budget case is about $1.5. Definitely not 70.
              That is a "ghetto case".
              Budget cases are for less than 50$ but not that cheap as Ghetto cases, and usually include a (total shit) psu.

This silverstone is NOT a budget case anyway.

Comment

Do you remember back in 90s? everything was beige back then, it became silver and now black but I think white is the next color and eventually manufacture start to produce everything in white. meanwhile many things like external hdd, case and mouse already is available in white. anyway great buy Michael.

Comment

I think Jonsbo cases are better.

Comment

I see their iconic "wind tunnel" layout has returned. I like!

Comment

Working...
                    X