Linux 4.10 Gets Microsoft Surface 3/4 Input, Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.10 Gets Microsoft Surface 3/4 Input, Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Phoronix: Linux 4.10 Gets Microsoft Surface 3/4 Input, Wacom MobileStudio Pro

The HID changes for the Linux 4.10 kernel have been submitted and includes new hardware support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What is his useful for? Still working in crap instead merging all RT patches, make optimus totally transparent and of course improving Linux Audio infraestructure with ALSA and friends.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      What is his useful for?
      It s useful for:
      - Improving Surface 3 support
      - Having support for Suface 4
      - Having support for Wacom MobileStudio Pro drawing tablets
      - Having support for the uDraw PS3 tablet
      - ...., seriously, just read the article.

Still working in crap instead merging all RT patches, make optimus totally transparent and of course improving Linux Audio infraestructure with ALSA and friends.
      Yep, they did, just because the could and wanted to, and maybe because they owe you nothing and don't have to react to your demands. It is not like yo are paying them, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
        What is his useful for? Still working in crap instead merging all RT patches, make optimus totally transparent and of course improving Linux Audio infraestructure with ALSA and friends.
        ALSA has got to the point where individuals are going to have to step up and solve their own problems. Most people with problems seem to be the only ones in the world running Linux on that particular hardware combination. Usually some crap laptop with the cheapest broken audio chipset that could be picked up for free before it was thrown on the trash heap of history. Oh, and with a BIOS running badly written SMM code such that it will never, even with a dedicated single-task RTOS in hand-written assembly code, be able to meet RT audio deadlines.

Comment

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is one of the first x86 tablets I'd consider purchasing simply to wipe and install Arch and Krita.

It seems like the specs might actually make it a decent Krita tablet, dropping $2000 to draw isn't desirable, but if it's the only option in the market my next Linux Tablet to replace or accompany a stationary Wacom will be a Surface Pro.

Oh and before one of you pops off some stupid shit - if you disagree be sure to reference and link actual products and state in reasonable terms why you think X is a better choice than Y.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
            Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is one of the first x86 tablets I'd consider purchasing simply to wipe and install Arch and Krita.

It seems like the specs might actually make it a decent Krita tablet, dropping $2000 to draw isn't desirable, but if it's the only option in the market my next Linux Tablet to replace or accompany a stationary Wacom will be a Surface Pro.

Oh and before one of you pops off some stupid shit - if you disagree be sure to reference and link actual products and state in reasonable terms why you think X is a better choice than Y.
            Hold on, are you saying that with this and a surface pro, you can actually put archlinux on it? and use it with a pen? like gnome 3? mind blowing!

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post

I'm still not sure if even with these changes the Surface Pro 4 will have everything working on Linux. But the only thing I could recommend that might be better is the Surface Pro 3. Asus has a surface pro clone that has worse hardware, but might work. The hardware that's coming out soon that could be interesting to try Linux on is the Samsung Chromebook Pro.

Comment

Working...
              X