Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iRulu BL20: A Decent 1080p Projector For ~$160 USD

Phoronix: iRulu BL20: A Decent 1080p Projector For ~$160 USD

The iRulu BL20 is a low-cost projector 1080p/HD projector that supports a projection distance up to six meters, dual built-in speakers, and a screen size up to 200 inches. Retailing for about $165 USD, this isn't a high-end projector but is rather decent for the price. Here's a quick write-up about my experience with this budget projector.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=23818

"In the basement server room I had been using an 800x600 VGA"

>Native resolution (dpi): 800 * 480

Yeah, WHAT AN UPGRADE...

Comment

One of my first questions was replacement bulbs, the projector might be $165 but if the replacement bulbs are more expensive then the projector and the company doesn't exists when you need to replace then it's a wasted projector.

Looking at the Q/A

> Thanks for your reply. Actually, we don't provide lamp when the first time we get your inquiry. But now, we could provide a replace lamp if you need it. You can contact our iRULU customer service for details Thank you
      > By iRULU SELLER on November 14, 2016

> I am sorry we don't have extra lamp , but the lamp life time is ups to 20000 hours, please don't worry if it will broken on normal use. Thank you.
      > By iRULU SELLER on July 15, 2016

Looks like they now offer them but don't have a price and you need to contact support directly, not inspiring confidence It's $165 so I can't ask too much

Comment

Interesting product I'm looking similar products for my room even with less projection distance (about 3 m.) to connect with raspberry pi 3 .. any suggestions are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Octus View Post
          One of my first questions was replacement bulbs, the projector might be $165 but if the replacement bulbs are more expensive then the projector and the company doesn't exists when you need to replace then it's a wasted projector.

Looking at the Q/A

> Thanks for your reply. Actually, we don't provide lamp when the first time we get your inquiry. But now, we could provide a replace lamp if you need it. You can contact our iRULU customer service for details Thank you
          > By iRULU SELLER on November 14, 2016

> I am sorry we don't have extra lamp , but the lamp life time is ups to 20000 hours, please don't worry if it will broken on normal use. Thank you.
          > By iRULU SELLER on July 15, 2016

Looks like they now offer them but don't have a price and you need to contact support directly, not inspiring confidence It's $165 so I can't ask too much
          Not too concerned if the lamp lasts as long as my older projectors. Had then ~8 years and hadn't had any bulbs die.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redi44 View Post
            "In the basement server room I had been using an 800x600 VGA"

>Native resolution (dpi): 800 * 480

Yeah, WHAT AN UPGRADE...
            Still scales much better than the older one for displaying content.
            Michael Larabel
            http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

It's a 800x480 projector that accept 1080p signal and downscale it to 800x480, same old shit but easier to use with higher end stuff.

Comment

For the same price, the Ruishida M3 HD LCD have a native resolution of 1280×720, with is way better.

Comment

Hey that reminds me of the projector I reviewed back then, it was also one of those cheap downscalers. I think you overpaid, 800x480 downscaler projectors can be had for much less than 165.

Comment

Michael, will you run PTS on it? Is there a ETA for the benchmarks?

Comment

Working...
                    X