ASUS MG28UQ 4K 28-Inch Adaptive-Sync Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    I have a hard time believing $500 for a TN-Film monitor (4k or not) is a good deal.
    This. For that price IPS or GTFO.

Originally posted by tsuru View Post
    I'm interested to hear how well using linux-friendly color calibration like the ColorHug is on monitor reviews. I know it's not something with hard numbers like benchmarks; just an idea.
    Monitor quality isn't linux-specific tho, what would that add to the tests?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      This. For that price IPS or GTFO.
      Like this 27" IPS for $449 (sometimes drops to $399 people commented), one inch less yeah but sounds much better to me

Buy LG 27UD68-P 27" FreeSync IPS LED Monitor 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 16:9 Widescreen On-Screen Control with Screen Split Game Mode & Black Stabilizer HDMI DisplayPort with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

@dungeon: That LG seems to be very nice, at least people are raving about it. But 4K on 27" is probably only adequate for gaming and multimedia, not Office work, CAD and programming. There are a new 40-inchers that are quite cheap, like: http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/monito...-x4071uhsu-b1/

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          Like this 27" IPS for $449 (sometimes drops to $399 people commented), one inch less yeah but sounds much better to me

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA4P04G57640
          Lg is also a pretty good brand as far as screens/TVs go.

I think you just caused many US people to suddenly lose $449+shipping and find serendipitously that monitor in the mail.

Looking for that in EU now...
          Nice. Thanks to (Obama) brexit I can get them for around 400-450 euros too, from uk sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
            @dungeon: That LG seems to be very nice, at least people are raving about it. But 4K on 27" is probably only adequate for gaming and multimedia, not Office work, CAD and programming. There are a new 40-inchers that are quite cheap, like: http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/monito...-x4071uhsu-b1/
            Well, if you are close to monitor most of the time 27" is just fine While 40" close does not look fine like smaller, so that is better if you prefer sofa position

Comment

4K is the wrong resolution for this size of monitor for a PC. It gives a DPI of 144 or exactly 1.5x96DPI so it requires 1.5x scaling on Linux and Windows (but 2x scaling on Macs which traditionally had a much shittier 72DPI).

Comment

I agre, IPS or GTFO. I have this one:
                Dell P2715Q 27" 4K IPS, $479.99
                Buy Used - Good: Dell 23" 60 Hz IPS HD LCD Monitor IPS 8ms (gray to gray) 1920 x 1080 D-Sub, DVI, DisplayPort, USB 2.0 P2314H with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

60HZ works perfect over DP.
                Once you go IPS you can never go back to TN!

Comment

I'll wait for a decent price on a 54" IPS device with adaptive sync that isn't a smart TV.

If I'm going to have my GPU driving that many more pixels, I want the same DPI I currently get out of my spread of three 1280x1024 monitors so I can actually use those extra pixels. (54" at 16:9 would give the same width as my current spread of monitors, effectively adding a second row to my current 3x1 setup)

Comment

Have there been any recent updates on how much progress has been made towards getting the DAL display abstraction code merged?

Comment

Originally posted by Herem View Post
                      Have there been any recent updates on how much progress has been made towards getting the DAL display abstraction code merged?
                      Should be in Linux kernel 4.8.

Comment

Working...
                      X