Raspberry Pi 3 Is Looking Towards Upstream Kernel Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    this guy must have been living under a rock and missed http://anholt.livejournal.com/45862.html
    He actually might have, as everything he said is still valid even accounting Erics tries to get support for the ARMv7 part of RPi3 into the kernel, while nowhere are Eric talking about aarch64 support in the kernel, just support for actually booting the kernel.

Comment

like this http://www.broadcom.com/docs/support...IV-AG100-R.pdf ?
      now show me comparable documentation for mali from arm which is supposedly a big fan of *handing* out documentation
      Thanks for the correction - I had totally forgotten about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Xake View Post
        He actually might have, as everything he said is still valid even accounting Erics tries to get support for the ARMv7 part of RPi3 into the kernel, while nowhere are Eric talking about aarch64 support in the kernel, just support for actually booting the kernel.
        kernel already has perfect support for aarch64

Comment

3.3 vs 4.1
          Get your fingers out of your ears and stop yelling "na naa naa, I can't hear you".
          rpi competes against other arm chips and it has working oss opengl. and it is the only arm oss opengl developed by vendor.
          Get your fingers out of your ears and stop yelling "na naa naa, I can't hear you".
          Intel is the only vendor with full OGL ES 3.1 support. There's almost full OGL 4.3 support. GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior is missing. So are two 64bit fp features not really used in games. How is this bad? The others have really long way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
            Intel is the only vendor with full OGL ES 3.1 support. ... How is this bad?
            the bad part is you quoted text with arm repeated several times and brought intel into discussion.
            nobody cares for gles outside of android world and nobody in android world cares about intel. and intel sitll has no gl4 support. 'almost' does not count, everyone has almost 4.5

Comment

the bad part is you quoted text with arm repeated several times and brought intel into discussion.
              nobody cares for gles outside of android world and nobody in android world cares about intel. and intel sitll has no gl4 support. 'almost' does not count, everyone has almost 4.5
              Are you aware of any games that require the 64bit functions that Intel is still missing?

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                Are you aware of any games that require the 64bit functions that Intel is still missing?
                i have no idea, my card has 64bit support, i'm aware only of 3 games requiring compute shaders. but i'm aware of many games requiring performance that intel's hardware is missing

Comment

Working...
                X