X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debcool
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

That close, but not close enough. I need something more like the Gazelle Pro. That's supposedly "coming soon", but my window of opportunity is rather narrow.
    It seems that your wish will be fulfilled soon.
    Go on the page of the Gazelle Pro and subscribed to receive the availability news. If it's happened like when I subscribed 3 days ago you'll received the mail tomorow.

BTW, nothing prevent you to contact them directly and explain your situation. They probably, if it's possible, find a solution for you. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by Debcool View Post

Salut,

Actualy, they do now. I received a mail yesterday about it. It is available here:
    That close, but not close enough. I need something more like the Gazelle Pro. That's supposedly "coming soon", but my window of opportunity is rather narrow.

Leave a comment:

• Debcool
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    I wanted to give them some business, but they still don't offer Skylake laptops
    Salut,

Actualy, they do now. I received a mail yesterday about it. It is available here:
    The most powerful Ubuntu laptop on the planet. Serval WS features desktop Intel Core i7 processors and the world?s fastest NVIDIA GPUs wrapped in the slimmest desktop replacement on the market. System76 laptops are custom-built to run Ubuntu flawlessly.

Leave a comment:

• WOLF308
    replied
    I had that case and ended up selling it. My experiences were mostly inline with Anands review http://www.anandtech.com/show/5199/l...99-price-point

The big killer for me was my video card ran hot due to the way the case is setup for airflow. I think System76 offering the case with an optional 6700k and a 980 is a bad idea.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    I wanted to give them some business, but they still don't offer Skylake laptops

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied
    Originally posted by johanb View Post
    You could just find the motherboard that System76 uses, then build an exact copy of it yourself and save some money.
    However, it's pretty nice of System76 to actually use high quality chassis that are decent to build in.
    Oh really?

Leave a comment:

• johanb
    replied
    I was pretty sure that I had seen that chassi before and it looked like a Lian Li chassi so i tried to find it.

Here it is

You could just find the motherboard that System76 uses, then build an exact copy of it yourself and save some money.
    However, it's pretty nice of System76 to actually use high quality chassis that are decent to build in.

Leave a comment:

• franglais125
    replied
    Ah, thanks for the info. Duly noted. Well, too bad then.

Kudos to system76 for putting this together anyway.

Leave a comment:

• chuckula
    replied
    Originally posted by franglais125 View Post
    There doesn't seem to be a quad-channel option for the RAM configuration. One of the only drawbacks for me.

Very nice desktop otherwise!
    These are consumer-level Skylakes that only do dual-channel RAM. You have the option of quad-channel RAM with Haswell-E (and Broadwell-E coming early next year) and the X99 chipset. I think System 76 also sells higher-end systems with that platform, but I'm too lazy to post an exact link right now.

Leave a comment:

• franglais125
    replied
    There doesn't seem to be a quad-channel option for the RAM configuration. One of the only drawbacks for me.

Very nice desktop otherwise!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X