Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PulseAudio Gains A Native Bluetooth Headset Backend

Phoronix: PulseAudio Gains A Native Bluetooth Headset Backend

PulseAudio now has a native headset backend for dealing with Bluetooth headsets...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTgyNzA

And how will this improve my user experience? I can already use bluetooth headsets in Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by adlerhn View Post
      And how will this improve my user experience? I can already use bluetooth headsets in Linux.
      AFAIK they work with bluez 4.x but not 5.x

Comment

If it's considered native, it might be a little lighter on system load.

Comment

The A2DP profile (Stereo output only) works perfectly, but the old HSP profile was removed from BlueZ. HSP supports 1 output channel and 1 input, but very low bitrate, as is used only for voice.
          I have a headset that supports both profiles (Nokia BH-503), and the HSP is only useful for phones. In desktop systems what you want is stereo, good quality for music. It's very annoying to disable HSP everytime I use the headset in Windows

Comment

Yeah! I'm thrilled with this work. There was a double-whammy of Bluez5 dropping support and Gnome 3.14 depending on Bluez5. So my Arch system effectively cannot use bluetooth headsets at the moment. I look forward to this.

Say all the hate you want, but I think Pulseaudio is freaking awesome.

Comment

+1 patiently waiting to use my bluetooth headset with my laptop again

Comment

Originally posted by drspinderwalf View Post
                Yeah! I'm thrilled with this work. There was a double-whammy of Bluez5 dropping support and Gnome 3.14 depending on Bluez5. So my Arch system effectively cannot use bluetooth headsets at the moment. I look forward to this.

Say all the hate you want, but I think Pulseaudio is freaking awesome.
                I used to bag on PA myself but lately its been getting quite a bit of love so I might install it again on my systems as I've recently acquired a BT headset I'd like to use.

Comment

Working...
                X