Linux 3.17 Has Basic Support For The Xbox One Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as broken as xpad?

Good to know that xpad will support the new controller, but it would be very appreciated if they fixed the old controller first. Mapping the analog triggers as axes in a way that "unpressed" maps to "negative full scale" is NOT a good idea, it's plain useless. You're basically forced to use grumbel's userland daemon ("xboxdrv") instead of the kernel one. Why don't they just do what the windows driver does and map both triggers into one axis (one negative, one positive)? There doesn't even seem to be a module parameter for that.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      That's annoying - I already bought a DS4 controller less than a month ago. I prefer the xbox controller layout, but the lack of drivers and lack of wireless connectivity to PCs was a turnoff to me. I think the DS4 is a much better controller overall for PCs though.
      Can confirm, tried to play mortal kombat on steam with the Xbox's controller. After about half an hour I beat the freaking shin lung or whatever his name what I can't remember. I had to keep hitting <- -> Y everytime he started taunting or else I'd lose. I spent a lot of time just jumping in the air swinging wildly.
      Last edited by profoundWHALE; 23 September 2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X