Google's Chromebook "Samus" Now Supported By Coreboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
    Is it a chromebook meant for gaming? Does it come with Metroid pre-installed?
    It doesn't take a very powerful system to play Metroid

Comment

Will it play Metroid: Other M?

Comment

Originally posted by My8th View Post
        Will it play Metroid: Other M?
        While, I'm sure you guys are joking, I'll answer anyways. According to the Dolphin-emu compatibility list, yes, you can play "Metroid: Other M". Just use the BIOS compatibility payload to load a normal Linux distribution on this Chromebook and install the emulator.

Comment

Originally posted by CTown View Post
          While, I'm sure you guys are joking, I'll answer anyways. According to the Dolphin-emu compatibility list, yes, you can play "Metroid: Other M". Just use the BIOS compatibility payload to load a normal Linux distribution on this Chromebook and install the emulator.
          I'm not sure how well Wii/Gamecube games would run on a Chromebook.

How about Super Metroid though?
          http://toadking.com/retroarch/

It's Retroarch and some cores ported to Javascript with Emscripten. It wouldn't even require loading a normal Linux distribution.

Comment

Originally posted by gaml View Post
            I'm not sure how well Wii/Gamecube games would run on a Chromebook...
            It's just an Intel based laptop with Google's desktop installed over Gentoo. Also, Gamecube games work surprisingly well on my laptop with Ivy Bridge.

Comment

Working...
            X