X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jalyst
    replied
    Meh don't think I'll share....
    Good-luck anyone with similar projects, adios.

Leave a comment:

• jalyst
    replied
    Almost have a completed product (it's a doozey)
    "May" post a build log, but in a new thread I think.

Leave a comment:

• jalyst
    replied
    Kano/Anyone? Thanks.
    Will start a build log soon, probably not on this forum but will link to it from here.

Leave a comment:

• jalyst
    replied
    What do you mean? Yes digital = all the same, but analogue stage = huge variations in quality.
    There isn't going to be a huge difference in power consumption between the MSI H55M-E33 & the GA-H57M-USB3 though is there?

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    DIGITAL = always the same, no need for soundcard. The more extras your board has got the more power it needs. Think about that.

Leave a comment:

• jalyst
    replied
    I really want the soundcard, LT goal is to also to add a digital AMP and essentially make my HTPC the AVR too.

There isn't going to be a huge difference in power consumption between the MSI H55M-E33 & the GA-H57M-USB3 though is there?
    Price difference will probably be significant though.....

Actually I have since gone to DDR-1333, forgot to edit my post with the new RAM (doh I cant on this forum now).

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    I would get something much cheaper, no extra soundcard, no usb 3. Because usally thats lost money, better use eSATA instead of usb 3. Maybe MSI H55M-E33 (mATX). In a review this board did not need much energy in idle mode, so should be a good choice. Also you should use just default ddr3-1333 with 1.5v (at max 1.65v). You should not need to oc the system anyway. Especially when you add a nv card (preferred g210 with passive cooling).

Leave a comment:

• jalyst
    replied
    Can I get some thoughts on this & this please?!!?
    I will post my progress in more detail soon.......

Leave a comment:

• jalyst
    replied
    Thanks I'll keep it in mind!

What about the hardware components...
    Anything you'd do differently or I'm missing?

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    A litte compile hint for xbmc + new nvidia card: As mpeg4 playback is broken with mpeg4 using vdpau you can disable it completely using:

Code:
    perl -pi -e 's|.*VDP_DECODER_PROFILE_MPEG4_PART2_SP.*\n||' xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg/configure
    Would be better if it would be fixed in xbmc itself - this is just a brutal hotfix...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X