Tiny Corp Details More Of Their Planned Tinybox System Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what the WARRANTY will be.

It's already nauseating to me to think of buying a $1000-$2000 consumer top model GPU and merely get a 3-year or less not-so-good warranty on the thing and lots of potential problems (HW stability, FW/driver stability & quality, fan issues, thermal issues, ...). Buying $15k+ of them is ... adventurous lacking a really good "I'm going to be able to maintain this low cost for 10+ years" warranty / capability.

It's one thing to buy a bunch of GPUs, it's another thing to have them be reliable "long term" for compute.

I don't personally know what kinds of experiences the GPU miners had but I've heard enough warnings about
    "used up" ex-mining GPUs that I gather that there's not an insignificant rate of failures or degradations (thermal pads, fans not working well, whatever).

Comment

Lets see if Ngreedia will enforce their own eula or will turn a blind eye due to convenience.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
        Lets see if Ngreedia will enforce their own eula or will turn a blind eye due to convenience.

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/e...ta-center-use/
        this seems to be related to data centers so im not sure why this is being posted here.

Comment

Working...
        X