Many Networking Improvements & New Wired/Wireless Devices For Linux 6.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Networking Improvements & New Wired/Wireless Devices For Linux 6.9

Phoronix: Many Networking Improvements & New Wired/Wireless Devices For Linux 6.9

The big set of networking subsystem updates have been sent in for the Linux 6.9 merge window including a number of new wired and wireless devices being supported as well as a number of core networking improvements and optimizations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will it be included as a patch on the version 6.8 ???

Comment

Originally posted by mathieu.cossette View Post
      Which one? Someone like Canonical could backport some subset to 6.8 during 24.04's lifetime if they were important for their enterprise customers.

Comment

I don't get it, if you want 6.9 features just fucking use it.

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post

I don't get it, if you want 6.9 features just fucking use it.
          I'll be using Ubuntu 24.04 LTS when it comes out. And this time I'll stay on the LTS cycle.

Comment

I'll be using Ubuntu 24.04 LTS when it comes out. And this time I'll stay on the LTS cycle.
            This is a problem with Linux ecosystems. It wastes a huge amount of administration, CPU cycles building and rebuilding, etc, only because of someone wanting a fixed as-is set of features which aren't compatible with changes.

Comment

You can enable Ubuntu HWE (hardware enablement) kernel while using ubuntu LTS and have fully supported kernels backported from bi-annual releases.

Canonical provides long-term support (LTS) kernels for Ubuntu LTS releases. Canonical also provides interim operating system releases with updated kernels every 6 months. Learn about the lifecycle of each kernel through the lifespan of support.

Comment

Working...
              X