Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Could Experience Unexpected System Reboots When Pairing AMD Ryzen With Firewire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
    AMD ryzen is literally on fire.

Please murder me now
    This word, "literally" it does not mean what you think it means.

gaming, alienware, fire, gaming laptop, how to keep laptop cool while gaming, my computer caught on fire, gaming laptop differences, gaming laptop comparison, best gaming laptop, alienware area 51m, dell alienware, alienware 51m undervolting, alienware 51m cooling, alienware 14, fortnite aiming tips and tricks, alienware 51m, #alienware, alienware 51m thermals, if i were starting a gaming channel 2021, alienware m17x r4, alienware (business operation)

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post

This word, "literally" it does not mean what you think it means.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sfqdHNnPpmE
      I think the humour is lost on this one

Comment

I *knew* it. I've been too preoccupied to pull my ieee1394 card, but I haven't been able to use a new kernel since 6.5 since it just reboots immediately every time I try to select it.

My first instinct was the firewire card, just because it's so obscure these days and easy for a breaking bug to be missed, but I'm in the middle of a home renovation project and just haven't had the time to sit down and diagnose it beyond trying it without ACPI (which booted right up). I only used firewire a few times to pull some home videos from a minidv camera, but considering all the pain I've had to deal with (Linux isn't alone, Windows had some major BSOD issues with firewire recently too), I really should just pull it.

This is fantastic news though, huge thanks to the developers and the people that helped diagnose and fix this.

Comment

Working...
        X