No announcement yet.

Cloudflare Teases Next-Gen Server Design, Benefits Going From 1U To 2U Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single rotor fans? No filter? [Flips passive cooling table full of porous ceramic fins. It looks about the same.]

Comment

What did you mean when you wrote "their racks they have more space available than racks"? Are you trying to say that they had more space than power budget?

Comment

It's interesting that this is using the v 3.0 Network Interface Card design from the Open Compute Project, yet it is not itself an OCP design. Open source hardware benefits everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Saigu View Post
          Single rotor fans? No filter? [Flips passive cooling table full of porous ceramic fins. It looks about the same.]
          These servers are typically running in a data center, where the air conditioning takes care of dust (Large filters are in place and are replaced following a maintenance plan). I have never seen any noticeable amount of dust inside servers afters years of operation in such an environment.
          What I have seen once was some light rust on hot swap drive trays, I was told that there was an issue with too much moisture in the past in (Don't ask me how that has happened).

Comment

Working...
          X