QLogic 10Gb "QLGE" Ethernet Driver Set To Be Removed From The Linux Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gnattu View Post
    About the switches, we do have a couple of Chinese vendors on aliexpress. If you want a brand, go with Mikrotik. The CRS305 is a good entry option offering 4 10G SFP+ cages and 1 GbE port for $230 on amazon and you can get sub $200 on ebay. I'm currently using CRS317 but it is probably too much for a small sized homelab. For cabling, you just buy used DAC cables on ebay, they are damn cheap and long enough for homelab use.
    I support your recomendations and notes about 82599 and CX-3/4, but my 2 cents are:
    1. avoid chinese-brands equipment (entirely, always) - I'm using Cisco Nexus 3000 series, refurbished ones are available at $1500, with 48 SFP+ and 4 QSFP.
    2. if you cannot afford this, I'd suggest going for 2.5/5 GbE or even with bonded 1G (LACP with up to 16 links in port channel),
    3. avoid using DACs, go for multimode optical SFP+ SR modules - about $15 per piece.
    That'll be 3 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grouch View Post
      there's a pretty simple base-12 system that allows you to count up to 144 on your hands. Use your right thumb to point to a proximal,
      [...]
      With a little thought, you will realise you only need to point to a phalanx on the left hand when you reach 13. So you can easily count up to (12x13)+12 which is 168.
      I prefer my method of counting to 99 on both hands. Thumb=5 (so one hand counts from 0 to 9) with left hand being tens. After all, we're doing decimal.

Comment

Originally posted by gotar View Post

I prefer my method of counting to 99 on both hands. Thumb=5 (so one hand counts from 0 to 9) with left hand being tens. After all, we're doing decimal.
        Which one is that?

I = Raised finger o = curled finger / = raised thumb O=curled thumb

Right Hand
        ooooO = 0
        IoooO = 1
        IIooO = 2
        III0O=3
        IIIIO=4
        oooo/=5
        ooo1/=6
        ooII/=7
        oIII/=8
        IIII/=9

Left Hand
        OoooI ooooO = 10
        OooII=20
        OoIII=30
        OIIII=40
        \oooo=50
        \Iooo=60
        \IIoo=70
        \IIIo=80
        \IIII=90

Alternatively, you can just use the thumb as pointer to the pads of the phalanges of only the first three fingers, and ignore the little finger which allows you count in decimal to 99 using both hands, with the left hand as the 10s.

Comment

I am sorry, but where exactly I should write that I am using this driver?

I have a couple of QLogic QLE8142 adapters.

Comment

Working...
          X