Linux 6.6 Adds New Sound Support For AMD Van Gogh, Valve Galileo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wishlist:
    Same overall level of max performance (or a very slight increase at most), but with reduced battery draw at the same wattages, and the same (or larger) battery capacity and an easier to remove/replace battery than the current design. VRR screen. Maybe a slight weight and size reduction (smaller bezels?), and a hardware switch for turning the display on/off (to turn off the screen while downloading games or listening to music for example). I'd happily buy that refresh. I really don't need 'MOAR PERF!', I don't care about raytracing or whatever, almost all the games I play on my deck run at 60fps, I don't use it for demanding stuff, I use it for older/2D/simpler games. I just want less power draw for the same perf, improved battery life, VRR, and an easier to replace battery.

Comment

What about having Van Gogh on 5nm?

Comment

Originally posted by jams3223 View Post
        What about having Van Gogh on 5nm?
        I wouldn't be surprised if AMD revives the Van Gogh line and comes out with a (Zen 5?) successor.

Current gen is too early though. The success of the Deck has only just become apparant, and the decision to continue the line would take years to execute.

Comment

StarFive JH7110
          RISC-V SoC found in VisionFive 2, Star64, MILK-V Mars, Pinetab-V.

Comment

Might be the rumoured Valve Index 2?

Comment

Working...
            X