HP BIOS Management/Configuration Driver Coming For Linux 6.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark-Show View Post
    Always enjoyed HP laptops, company driven support for linux makes me want to always chose HP for my laptops.
    If they only could provide correct UEFI and ACPI-Tables

Comment

Next up they could add firmware update support for of their Enterprise hardware.
      So many components can be updated.

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post

Except that their keyboard are crap and crap themselves way too early. IIRC they also put limitations in the bios for preventing hardware upgrades
        In the business laptops that this feature works for? Probooks and Elitebooks? I've been using various models of Elitebooks over the past decade and none of them have had any hardware upgrade limitations. I've replaced pretty much anything that isn't soldered down, too. Hard drives, memory, wireless cards have all been upgraded with zero issues. My spouses consumer model Lenovo? Oh, no, it's got a BIOS allow list for wifi and the wifi card died. Had to use a stinking USB dongle for WiFi until the machine hit EOL.

I've also never had an issue with their keyboards. I did wear out a LMB, though. That was some fun SMT soldering to fix.

Comment

Is there any userspace application which makes use of it right now?
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
          X