HP WMI Driver To Expose More Sensors Under Linux For Business-Class Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP WMI Driver To Expose More Sensors Under Linux For Business-Class Systems

Phoronix: HP WMI Driver To Expose More Sensors Under Linux For Business-Class Systems

A patch was posted this week introducing a new "hp-wmi-sensors" Linux kernel driver for HP business-class computers for exposing WMI sensor functionality...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd love to see HP being a little more pro-active with this sort of thing. I have a Spectre x360 laptop that needs to be weirdly massaged in software to get audio to come out of the speakers, and I know they could submit a patch for it so easily.

Comment

will it work on pavillion laptop all I see acpi bugs in dmesg

Comment

Not sure "everything" (computers) HP makes will have a WMI component. I could see this for management boards, so was surprised to see this style being used outside of that.

Comment

In my company we do operate quite a few HP Z400 and Z420. Despite them being dated by now, they are quite solid computers. We did have serious problems getting the drivers *under the microsoft windows operating system*. Linux was never a problem with these. However we didn't look into the sensors details.

Comment

Working...
          X