Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JEBjames View Post
    Michael

Typo on page 2 "On a performance-per-dollar basis,, the" (remove extra comma)
    Hey wait please!

hence going the QLC route with a pSLC cache in an afford to still deliver good speeds.
    In an afford? Awkward?

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
      Plasma TVs were better than LCD TVs, but people wanted bigger TVs and plasma couldn't deliver. Same with Optane vs Flash, $89 is a down right steal but it will never match the latency or write endurance of optane, tiss a darn shame that Intel shelfed both its Optane and NAND Flash business. Hopefully it doesn't shelf its ARC graphics lineup too. Anyways these Solidigm drives are a real steal! Looking forward to seeing their RAID performance Michael good to see some hardware reviews still even if you have to buy the stuff yourself mostly nowadays.
      Not really. As others have mentioned, plasma TVs had a lot of problems not least was they were several times the price of competing technologies. But they also put out enough RFI that anyone with a semi decent radio receiver in the neighborhood would notice it. All those thousands of dollars plasma TVs cost are wasted at that point. It's just a very big and expensive room decoration that you can't legally operate (FCC rules governing commercial device interference, other regimes have similar rules).
      Last edited by stormcrow; 23 September 2022, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Reliability is what I'm interested in. I don't care if it's a little slow as long as it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

Not really. As others have mentioned, plasma TVs had a lot of problems not least was they were several times the price of competing technologies. But they also put out enough RFI that anyone with a semi decent radio receiver in the neighborhood would notice it. All those thousands of dollars plasma TVs cost are wasted at that point. It's just a very big and expensive room decoration that you can't legally operate (FCC rules governing commercial device interference, other regimes have similar rules).
          I see I didn't know that. I knew about the burn in though. OLED tech is just getting here now though for true black on monitors.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

As well as they weighted a lot more, used a lot of electricity, and ran hot enough to warm a room.
            Add to that list been highly susceptible to image burn-in.

Comment

For those thinking about building an affordable Linux SSD RAID array, I'll have up some benchmarks of the P41 Plus 1TB in RAID 0/1 under native Btrfs RAID and the like shortly in its own article on Phoronix.
              So, where is the article?..

Comment

Working...
              X