ASUS MeMO Pad 7, Nextbook Ares 8 Seeing Better Support With Linux 5.18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS MeMO Pad 7, Nextbook Ares 8 Seeing Better Support With Linux 5.18

Phoronix: ASUS MeMO Pad 7, Nextbook Ares 8 Seeing Better Support With Linux 5.18

Being introduced with Linux 5.18 is the new x86-android-tablets driver that is just used for dealing with quirky Intel-powered Android tablets that were designed around running custom vendor kernels for these consumer electronic devices and never the mainline Linux kernel. This x86-android-tablets driver provides workarounds/quirk handling for improving what would otherwise be a buggy experience when trying to run Linux on these devices...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would have made use of this for some tinkering if the Memo Pad 7 hadn't been one of the crappiest piece of tech I've ever owned. It didn't even last a year before the screen gave up on me, and when they replaced it, they didn't even check if it actually worked after powering the device. Because it didn't.
    I take great care of all my electronic devices, and I can safely say that most of them still work years later or died after a very decent life. It's not due to me being negligent.
    I've had other Asus products and they were lasting, so I don't even blame the company, just this specific product.
    After that, I got the BQ Aquaris M10, and it's been going on great for the last 6 years.

Comment

Working...
    X