No announcement yet.

Building A Silent Linux Desktop For 2022 With The Streacom DB4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my DB4 case. I have a Nvidia GTX 1650 in there (everything passively cooled), which allows for decent enough gaming

Comment

Originally posted by ermo View Post
      LuukD

I've been pondering building a Zen 3 APU-based system w/2x16GB ECC sticks. I don't know if the 5700G has an equivalent PRO version. Your build certainly didn't make the prospect any less tempting.
      Yes, it does. The 5350G Pro, 5650G Pro and 5750G Pro.

Difficult to get in the USA as a retail customer, but sabrepc.com has them listed for retail sale, and eBay is your friend if you're willing to take a chance [I successfully bought a 4350G Pro and a 4650G Pro last year from different Taiwan based sellers]...

Comment

Mate.

This is exactly the article I've been looking for.

Thanks so much for taking the time to document your experience. It means a seasoned but perfectionist builder like myself gets to have a fair bit of the required legwork done upfornt.
        What you have built is pretty much exactly what I've been planning to for some time. I have even been on the same CPU selection and RAM rank / clock memory journey.

I too have settlied on the 5700G since the GE is like rocking horse s**t.

I've been planning a fanless server build for ages i.e. Home Theatre via HDMI / Music Player into external DAC via USB / Dedicated Game Server (minecraft, satisfactory etc.) It will be ubuntu (preferably headless) with KODI and steamcmd installed with Kore as the remote and a share from my NAS mounted for the media library.

You're the second person I've heard mention contact pressure against the heatsinks being the clincher.

Can I ask; what was the best clock speed you got your RAM to run at in sync with the CPU Infinity Fabric? I only have experience building with Zen 2 and settled at 3600. Would be nice if the same is achievable with Zen 3 APUs

Thanks again

Comment

Also, do you think with a combination of LH6 kits and some custom heatpipes it could be possible to make contact with more than 2 sides of the case?

Comment

Working...
          X