Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.17 To Introduce Cirrus CS35L41 HD Audio Codec Driver

Phoronix: Linux 5.17 To Introduce Cirrus CS35L41 HD Audio Codec Driver

Among many other sound driver changes destined for the upcoming Linux 5.17 cycle, Cirrus Logic has contributed CS35L41 HD audio codec support in the form of a new sound driver, cs35l41_hda...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Glad to see an article here about this!

I've been following this closely as I was closely involved with getting the previous 2020 Lenovo Legion 7i working with speaker output and now I have the Intel version of the 2021 model (the 16ITHg6).

Alas, the 16ITHg6 isn't working yet, but I imagine it will eventually as Lucas Tanure, the Cirrus Logic dev who started the work to get this ASoC driver working with PC's (such as these laptops) has expressed interesting in fixing the support on the 16ITHg6 too.

Comment

Cirrus... interesting. I remember their logo from 386 times boot process when GPUs were showing that they're ok. I wasn't aware they're so alive and kicking. Good to see some oft the old names still around and that they're having Linux support, too. Good!
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
      X