Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broadcom Valkyrie/Viper VK Accelerators Set To See Mainline Support With Linux 5.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadcom Valkyrie/Viper VK Accelerators Set To See Mainline Support With Linux 5.12

Phoronix: Broadcom Valkyrie/Viper VK Accelerators Set To See Mainline Support With Linux 5.12

For nearly one year Broadcom engineers have been working on Linux mainline drivers for their VK accelerators. Finally with the upcoming Linux 5.12 kernel the support is in place for those Broadcom Viper and Valkyrie accelerator cards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Every time I see VK I only think of Broadcom Vulkan Accelerators...

Anyway the details on this device aren't just so light; it goes as far as you and the mailing list being the ONLY sources of information on this interesting accelerator, according to a web search. Congratulations Michael.

Comment

In other words, something like the old CrystalHD dedicated video playback card on netbooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
        In other words, something like the old CrystalHD dedicated video playback card on netbooks.
        I just hope I can eventually use this to encode 4:4:4 4K 60fps...

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
          That would actually be pretty cool, if I could get VP9/AV1 decode/encode support on some older hardware. Of course, low power Intel Xe dGPU is better for that purpose.

Comment

Working...
          X