Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broadcom Has 200G Ethernet Link Speed Support Coming To Its Driver For Linux 5.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    Not so much in a home setting, where a single multi-purpose device is the norm, integrating a 4+ port switch with a router/firewall and often a wifi access point as well.
    yes, router integrates cheap 100mb switch so you can connect several devices to internet. if you want those devices to have fast connection to each other, you connect them via 1gb switch

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      yes, router integrates cheap 100mb switch so you can connect several devices to internet. if you want those devices to have fast connection to each other, you connect them via 1gb switch
      The problem with that is, above 100 mbit internet is accessible to a lot of people out there. Even I got a 120 mbit connection, since my provider is making it their bottom line. And that is in Brazil, which is not a worldwide champion on average internet speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        The problem with that is, above 100 mbit internet is accessible to a lot of people out there
        by "a lot" you mean "less than 1%"? i'm sure they have some selection of 1gbit wan routers. and if they want faster lan, they can connect devices via 2.5/5/10gb switch
        Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        . Even I got a 120 mbit connection, since my provider is making it their bottom line. And that is in Brazil, which is not a worldwide champion on average internet speeds.
        you are very overestimating worldwide average internet speeds

Comment

One of he reasons we don't have affordable 10G is most people use their phones rather than their computers and are happy to accept low quality media to avoid using a computer. For every thing else around the house they really don't have a need for 10G. Lots of people here don't fit in that category, I know I don't.

Comment

Working...
          X