Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.3 To Support The $1,500 Wacom MobileStudio Pro Tablet

Phoronix: Linux 5.3 To Support The $1,500 Wacom MobileStudio Pro Tablet

In addition to the latest Wacom Intuos Pro Small drawing tablet to be supported by the Linux 5.3 kernel, the high-end (circa $1,500 USD) Wacom MobileStudio Pro tablet is also set to now be supported by this next kernel cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Weird, I installed Kubuntu on mine a year ago, and everything just worked. And it showed that kwin with compositing disabled is superior to Windows; on Windows I always felt a small input lag, which disappeared with Linux.

Comment

Compared to the Surface Pro this thing is much more Linux friendly and has a vastly superior pen due to patents which records input on the device vs over bluetooth -- which is less accurate and lags in the miliseconds but is noticable.

I have had Archlinux on it for a year and it has done okay as long as the CPU freq multiplier wasnt set to 90%+

Other than that I absolutely abhore the Nvidia MX graphics on the 16" Pro version so I use Intel HD and am happy with that.

Glad to see it getting some attention.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
        Compared to the Surface Pro this thing is much more Linux friendly and has a vastly superior pen due to patents which records input on the device vs over bluetooth -- which is less accurate and lags in the miliseconds but is noticable.

I have had Archlinux on it for a year and it has done okay as long as the CPU freq multiplier wasnt set to 90%+

Other than that I absolutely abhore the Nvidia MX graphics on the 16" Pro version so I use Intel HD and am happy with that.

Glad to see it getting some attention.
        Yeah, if you don't want to burn your hands on the screen, using the intel gpu is the only way.

Comment

Working...
        X