An All-In-One Water Cooling Setup That Can Be Controlled Under Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An All-In-One Water Cooling Setup That Can Be Controlled Under Linux

Phoronix: An All-In-One Water Cooling Setup That Can Be Controlled Under Linux

For those looking to have an all-in-one water cooling setup where the pumps and lighting can be controlled under Linux, there is now a viable option thanks to the open-source KGraken project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Corsair AIO cooler users may also like to investigate "OpenCorsairLink" on Github
    Linux and Mac OS support for the CorsairLink Devices - audiohacked/OpenCorsairLink

Comment

I use OpenCorsairLink, but it sure doesn't look as polished as that. I'll definitely be looking at that cooler for my next purchase.

Comment

I have NZXT Kraken X62 + H500 case, I was surprised, how loud Kraken (entire system) was by default, so using Gkraken software (profile silent) is really useful for me.
        The developer has TODO in the link below, one of them is to Provide Ubuntu PPA :-)
        GUI that allows to control cooling (and soon lighting) of NZXT Kraken X (X42, X52, X62 or X72) pumps from Linux

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
          I use OpenCorsairLink, but it sure doesn't look as polished as that. I'll definitely be looking at that cooler for my next purchase.
          I use it as well and I agree with it not being polished, although I was pleasantly surprised to see it work. I do like it being a CLI tool, but it needs to be more configurable than it is right now. Half of that could be better documentation but, it's a lot easier for a user to reason about a UI than having to read a man page which is kind of a thing. Something worth noting is that I'm pretty sure that OpenCorsairLink works with the Commander Pro as well as the AIO coolers.

Comment

should write a QT GUI that invokes the cli utility. cross-platform.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
              should write a QT GUI that invokes the cli utility. cross-platform.
              For these type of dumb "control panel" applications it's beyond overkill. Python GUI frameworks will be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                For these type of dumb "control panel" applications it's beyond overkill. Python GUI frameworks will be enough.
                Not a fan of python tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                  Not a fan of python tbh.
                  Me neither, but this type of applications is where high-level scripting languages shine. You don't need ultra-high performance for a GUI of a program that changes hardware settings, you want it to be easy to create and maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    Me neither, but this type of applications is where high-level scripting languages shine. You don't need ultra-high performance for a GUI of a program that changes hardware settings, you want it to be easy to create and maintain.
                    what about a kcm for kde then?

Comment

Working...
                    X