Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair Force MP510 240GB NVMe SSD Ubuntu Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: Corsair Force MP510 240GB NVMe SSD Ubuntu Linux Benchmarks

Last week Corsair announced the Force Series MP510 M.2 PCIe NVMe solid-state drives as the company's fastest SSDs to date. While being Corsair's latest and fastest NVMe SSDs, the pricing is competitive with the 240GB model starting out at $70 USD, 480GB for $130 USD, $239 for 960GB, or $475 for a 1920GB version.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=27015

Thanks for the heads up. I’m looking for an SSD for my laptop, these prices are really good.

Comment

I wonder what caused the improvement in drive temperatures between the MP500 and MP510. Did you use a heat sink on one of the drives, and not the other, maybe they improved that "heatsink" label. Or is it because Corsair used a more efficient controller and NAND flash on this newer drive?
      Last edited by OMTDesign; 10-24-2018, 05:08 PM. Reason: Remembered the labels on these drives also function as heat sinks/radiators.

Comment

Originally posted by OMTDesign View Post
        I wonder what caused the improvement in drive temperatures between the MP500 and MP510. Did you use a heat sink on one of the drives, and not the other? Or is it because Corsair used a more efficient controller and NAND flash on this newer drive?
        All the drives were tested without any extra heatsinks/coolers.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Corsair provides no Linux support for SSD firmware upgrades. I think this should be made clear on a site like Phoronix, as others like Samsung, Intel, and Crucial provide ISOs for OS-independent firmware upgrades.

For me, this means I won't support Corsair until they support my use of their product.

Comment

Working...
          X