Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAL TV-out & overscan support for xorg ati driver

Hi!

Is there any news yet for PAL support in the xorg ati opensource driver? At the moment I only get totally out of sync picture when using the PAL mode and b&w picture with the NTSC mode.

I'm also interested in overscan. Is there a way to set overscan at the moment? If not, does anyone know if it's planned? Maybe with a custom modeline?

My card is radeon 9000 AIW and I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy with the "default" xorg from ubuntu repositories.

- Jaakko

I would be to very interested in support for PAL TV out on radeon driver. I use notebook compaq nx9010 with following devices:
    Code:
    00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS200/RS200M AGP Bridge [IGP 340M] (rev 02)
    00:01.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc PCI Bridge [IGP 340M]
    00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: ALi Corporation M5451 PCI AC-Link Controller Audio Device (rev 02)
    00:07.0 ISA bridge: ALi Corporation M1533/M1535 PCI to ISA Bridge [Aladdin IV/V/V+]
    00:08.0 Modem: ALi Corporation M5457 AC'97 Modem Controller
    00:0a.0 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ601/6912/711E0 CardBus/SmartCardBus Controller
    00:0b.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 50)
    00:0b.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 50)
    00:0b.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 51)
    00:0c.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments TSB43AB21 IEEE-1394a-2000 Controller (PHY/Link)
    00:10.0 IDE interface: ALi Corporation M5229 IDE (rev c4)
    00:11.0 Bridge: ALi Corporation M7101 Power Management Controller [PMU]
    00:12.0 Ethernet controller: National Semiconductor Corporation DP83815 (MacPhyter) Ethernet Controller
    01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon IGP 330M/340M/350M
    EDIT:
    Forgot to mention that I use Ubuntu 7.10 with latest ati driver from git.
    Last edited by Gujs; 07 November 2007, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Does somebody know if PAL TV out issue was solver with radoen driver?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gujs View Post
        Does somebody know if PAL TV out issue was solver with radoen driver?

Thanks
        Not yet. Patches welcome

Comment

Can anyone describe what's missing in driver for proper PAL support?

Comment

Originally posted by arekm View Post
            Can anyone describe what's missing in driver for proper PAL support?
            That's the problem. I'm not sure. It should work, but it doesn't. I'm guessing it's a pll or ordering issue.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
              That's the problem. I'm not sure. It should work, but it doesn't. I'm guessing it's a pll or ordering issue.
              Hi!

I have a PAL TV OUT setup (radeon 9200) working with Ubuntu Gutsy+ patched radeon driver from Feisty. Would some info (like xorg log) help solve the problem with the latest driver?

Comment

Originally posted by sebos69 View Post
                Hi!

I have a PAL TV OUT setup (radeon 9200) working with Ubuntu Gutsy+ patched radeon driver from Feisty. Would some info (like xorg log) help solve the problem with the latest driver?
                what version of the driver is this and what patches are you using? unfortunately, the log isn't really too useful.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                  what version of the driver is this and what patches are you using? unfortunately, the log isn't really too useful.
                  the driver version is 6.6.3 the patch is from the GATOS project (howto: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Tvout )

Comment

pal fix checked in..

Alex checked in a fix for pal tv-out please test it...

Comment

Working...
                    X