The Witcher 2 Officially Released For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Pontostroy

I guees you have everything recent, llvm with spill-fixes to not crash... 5-30 fps as i see With nearly everything on low that looks somehow maybe just like some DX8.1 game .

But good it run somehow .

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      @Pontostroy

I guees you have everything recent, llvm with spill-fixes to not crash... 5-30 fps as i see With nearly everything on low that looks somehow maybe just like some DX8.1 game .

But good it run somehow .
      Dude seriously, your bitching is getting old. Stick with the blob and be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
        Dude seriously, your bitching is getting old. Stick with the blob and be happy.
        Nah we just commented games and drivers here , if you like or don't like something about or any of this or that stick something and be happy .

Comment

Meh.

Code:
          kernel: VM fault (0x00, vmid 0) at page 0, read from unknown (0)
          kernel: radeon 0000:01:00.0: GPU fault detected: 146 0x02220404
          kernel: radeon 0000:01:00.0:   VM_CONTEXT1_PROTECTION_FAULT_ADDR   0x00017291
          kernel: radeon 0000:01:00.0:   VM_CONTEXT1_PROTECTION_FAULT_STATUS 0x02004004
          kernel: VM fault (0x04, vmid 1) at page 94865, read from TC (4)
          Code:
          radeon 0000:01:00.0: ring 4 stalled for more than 10000msec
          radeon 0000:01:00.0: GPU lockup (waiting for 0x000000000003b6aa last fence id 0x000000000003b6a9 on ring 4)

Comment

got it yesterday once I saw the steam news. could not resist. even if I cannot play it at the moment due to sw/hw, I got it to show support for Linux (and 3.99 is a steal :-))

installing at the moment, I hope I can at least start it and test.

Comment

Well with my rig (GTX 770, core i5), the framerate is not as good as on windoze, did not find a way to objectively measure so far, but it seems to be way lower than VSYNC (60), kind of choppy/jerky.

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
                The Witcher 2 on RadeonSI hd 7790
                How did you make it show the FPS ?

Comment

LETS FIX IT instead of complaining!

I opened a "LETS FIX IT instead of complaining!" thread here to support the devs!:
                  ############## for detailed / comprehensive bug reports now use only https://github.com/KillaW0lf04/The-Witcher-2-Issues/issues the Developers are answering there! ############## This thread contains: - quick tests and quick bug reports on The Witcher 2 - constructive comments, help, solutions, discussions -------------- Resources: --------------- - openSUSE Tutorial: http://steamcommunity.com/app/20920/discussions/0/522728268848525694/ - openSUSE crash fix:...

Comment

Those of you wondering whether it works in Wine -- yes: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=23492

Comment

Originally posted by who_me View Post
                      How did you make it show the FPS ?
                      That is GALLIUM_HUD env, so if you use radeon gallium 3d drivers that show fps (and some other informations) on any gl app:

Code:
                      GALLIUM_HUD=fps glxgears
                      Last edited by dungeon; 23 May 2014, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X